Labels

I am stepping into a life long journey of Natural Living. I will take my family along for the ride and take as many notes as I can. I know I won't always get it right, I know I will just have to keep trying. If my stumbles can aid one person into a natural life, that will be the frosting on my cake. The cake will be a healthier family for me.

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Laundry Time!

So, this great person I know posted a blog awhile ago about making your own laundry soap. At the time I read it I was thinking "This is awesome! I should try it!" But I never did. Until the beginning of November (I know my posting is behind, sorry!), I finally bought the ingredients, but they still sat a few weeks. I told myself it was to finish off what was left of my commercial soap, but truthfully, I don't think I was sure of taking that first step (we all know how well the first step with the homemade shampoo went). Finally, my hubby (Yes, my man) made the soap and started a load. PHEW! I didn't have to take that step.
It's a VERY easy recipe, that she got from a friend. Now I will share her unspkblejoy with you! Enjoy! She also has a recipe for fire starters! Something not everyone needs, but we do and it gets rid of our used dryer lint! In her post she give credit to her friend, projectjunky, for the recipe for laundry soap! So, Thank you unspklejoy and projectjunky!
The recipe is simple:  2:1:1 (Bar soap:Borax:Washing Soda) grate your bar of soap and mix! TA-DA!
The only thing I would say is Don't use "Ivory" it is a little greasy and leaves a waxy film on some fabrics (like my wool coat, my hubby should not have washed, but he was being HELPFUL! Thanks dntangerthbeard! I love you!), unspkblejoy uses "Kiss my Face" and seems to have no complaints!
Thanks you reading! you make me smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment